.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Facing Racism and Prejudice

I had n ever so felt so out of place or uncomfortable with the colouration of my skin. Normally, a persons great stare or survey would not affect me, and normally would be shrugged off barely as when someone mentions an irritate or snide remark. then at an new(prenominal)(prenominal) times, the color of your skin can thus far frighten someone else because of their racial misconceptions or biased views on a certain race. racial prejudice is a disconfirming aspect of society that has unfavourably affected me.\nI oft wonder if it could it be something through by myself to cause this response or by chance my form language which would cause the other person to become queasy around me. Or maybe it is the other individuals upbringing of the sportsmanlike is right motto which leads them to take up me as an unmannered and unschooled minority. It almost seems as if it were yesterday when racial prejudice was bestowed upon me. The other individual was dressed in a bonny crush which consisted of high end graphic designer denim jeans, and a attractive solid silver silk enclothe which had a strong manly scent from the Giorgio Armani cologne he wore. As I walked ever closer to him browsing the fine designer store aisles it seemed unvarnished to me that he was appalled at the sight of my shopping in the same store as he. Trying my hardest to fit in with the surrounding individuals and upper hearty class of the location, my wardrobe consisted of coloured denim blue jeans, and a long sleeved stripy dress shirt with a splash of sweet scent cologne. To no avail this did not alter his perception on how he viewed me, instead he ripe stared intently as if to intimidate or institute me feel uncomfortable. Which made me pull in how difficult minorities had it back in the time period of requisition when they were treated similar just as a untarnished object, and not as a person with emotions. Eventually it became impermissible universe in this troth to the point where instead of causing a ruckus and being rude with this individual as he w...

No comments:

Post a Comment